Importance of Play for Kids
Play is something that is very important to kid’s development because it contributes to the cognitive, physical, social, and emotional well-being of children and youth. Today, we are going to look at some of the reasons that make play a very important factor in children’s lives. This is despite that time for play has reduced in the lives of the children, driven by the hurried lifestyles, pressure on academics and a host of other things.
- Play is important for healthy brain development amongst children.
- It is through play that from at a very early age, children engage and interact in the world around them. They become creative and explore a world they can master, helping them overcome their fears while practicing adult roles, whether with other children or adult caregivers.
- As the children master their world, enhances the growth of new competencies that lead to enhanced confidence and the resilience they will need to face future challenges.
- Undirected play allows children to learn how to work in groups, to share, to negotiate, to resolve conflicts, and to learn self-advocacy skills. It enhances their social skills.
- During child driven play, children practice decision-making skills, move at their own pace, discover their own areas of interest, and ultimately engage fully in the passions they wish to pursue.
- Some of the times, play can involve adults, but when it’s controlled by the adults, the children lose out on some of the benefits, that include, developing creativity, leadership, and group skills.
- In contrast to passive entertainment, play builds active, healthy bodies. As a matter of, it is important to encourage unstructured play since it is an excellent way to increase physical activity levels in children, which is one important strategy in the resolution of the obesity epidemic.
- This is probably the most important of all the factors, play is a simple joy that is a cherished part of childhood.
Sensory Activities for Toddlers
Those are some of the reasons why we should let our children play while they are still young. Since we are in the topic of play, we are going to look at some fun DIY sensory activities for toddlers.
This homemade shimmery dough is very simple to make: Made from a combination of whole grain rice cereal and coconut oil , this homemade dough is easy to make and fun material that can go on skin, in hair, and even in mouths! We all know how important that is for toddlers who have just figured out that they can taste and want to try everything out all at once! The toddlers are sure to enjoy molding the malleable cloud dough as they play and discover.
Using paints that aren’t toxic or harmful to toddlers, finger painting let them feel the paint on their fingers while creating something at the same time. These paints can be made using things like mixing yogurt together with other liquids or simply using extremely watered down paint. Paint made out of food can look cool while also tasting good! This is just the right sort of things for the sort of whims that toddlers have.
Sensory bags can be created with only ziplock bags, hair or body gel, and any spare knick-knacks that you have lying around the house. The toddlers can mush the stuff around in the bag as they play with the sensory bags. Other things that can be used include small buttons, pieces of string, cloth segments or moth balls, but the beauty of the idea is that you can fill the bag with just about anything you can scrounge from the bottom of the “stuff” drawer.
It’s pretty common to spend a lot of time trying to get children to eat food and rather than play with it, although when you’re thinking of sensory activities, some of the best activities include actually playing with food. To help the children get a feel of different shapes and sizes, you could try cooking foods like spaghetti, penne, ravioli or linguini without posing problems to their health food games actually make the parents less worried, even when they get the whim to take it to their mouths.
Sensory bottles are geared towards sight and are perfect for learning the alphabet, the numerical scale, or other important signs and signals. Simply fill a water bottle wi
Easy Related Posts
Summertime Tips For Hitting The Open Road
Summertime is nearly here again and you certainly cannot deny that it's a great time ...read more
Eating Healthy Desserts – Some Tips
Are you one of those people who just love creating desserts? There are a lot ...read more