Great Reasons to Start Playing Golf
For many years, people did not consider golf a sport. Perhaps it was the fame devoted to Tiger Woods that brought golf into the sporting limelight. Yet, many people are still wondering, “What’s so great about golf?” So, in an effort to explain its draw, we would like to tell you 7 great reasons to start playing golf. And, as a freebie, we would add that your dad probably likes it and that’s as good a reason as any.
If you are really going to consider getting into golf, you’ll need to learn about clubs and courses. But perhaps more importantly, you’ll want to find the best golf GPS watch. It will help you land the holes in less strokes, once you learn how to swing. The distance from hazards will be available on screen as well as the short distances. The Garmin Approach S20 is pretty nifty with 40,000 preloaded courses for your exploration. Get the watch and then get in the game.
7 Reasons to Take up Golf
Your dad doesn’t count as one of these reasons, though he may very well be a valid one. Instead, we’ve got some great ideas about why 18 holes should be calling your name. Here are the 7 reasons to take up golf:
- A lifetime game– You can start this game at any age and play as long as you can swing the club. There are no age, weight, height, or other ridiculous restrictions like you see with most sporting endeavors. Golf is for everyone. Learn more.
- Social exercise– Don’t be lazy and invest in renting or purchasing a golf cart (at least not until you’re getting up in years). Golf will allow you to strengthen muscles with walking and carrying the golf clubs around. That’s not to mention the flexibility required to make those precise swings. Plus, you can golf with your friends, or your dad. It’s a social exercise.
- Character building– Think about how many times you will be tempted to lie about the number of shots it took you to hit hole 6. If you lie to yourself, you’ll have your conscience to deal with and if you try to lie to your friends, we suspect that won’t go over very well either.
- Character revealing– As much as it will build your character by forcing you to be honest with yourself and those around, it will also reveal things about who you are. Will you get angry and throw your clubs, curse, and stomp like a wronged two-year-old? Will you make every excuse imaginable when you create a divot or miss the put? Golf will reveal your true self. Read this.
- Therapy– Smacking the tar out of that little ball is great therapy. Seeing it sail away could allow you to envision the disconnection of whatever stresses you out.
- Close to nature– Have you ever noticed how peaceful and beautiful golf courses are? They can offer the natural serenity that outdoor living provides.
- Invite competition– You don’t have to be the biggest, best jock in golf. You can compete with people of varying abilities and still have a great time. You can even compete with yourself.
Golf is a great way to get exercise, hang out with friends, relieve stress, and learn more about yourself. There’s no reason you should keep your golfing desire at bay. Embrace the plaid! Learn more.
Easy Related Posts
The Top 10 Sports for Diabetics
Diabetes is far from uncommon these days. Statistically more than 371 million people across the ...read more
Go Snorkeling This Summer
Snorkeling is much more than just a fun sport to enjoy. This relaxing sport is ...read more
Disc Golf, Your Alternative to Golf
Are you a fan of golf but do not have a membership to a golf ...read more
How to Have Fun While Playing Basketball
When was the first time that you played basketball? Did you have a lot of ...read more