Best Things to do in Cozumel to Keep You Active and Healthy
The ability to take vacations is an amazing one. So many people cannot afford the luxury of getting away. So if you’re one of the lucky ones who can, it is in your best interest to make the most of it. And even though you have probably chosen to get away for relaxation purposes, it is important to remember to stay active. That’s why we have compiled this list of the best things to do in Cozumel to keep you active and healthy.
Cozumel jeep excursions are highly recommended. You can take these jeeps to secret coves for gorgeous coral reef snorkeling. Or load up the family and go visit the Mayan ruins. Not to mention the fact there are green jungles and enchanting white sand beaches all waiting for you to explore and enjoy. The link above offers you access to private tours and jeeps loaded with coolers and snorkeling gear. Everything you need will be right there.
If you prefer to be more on your own, then you’ll love the list that follows.
“Don’t Miss” Things to do in Cozumel
The truth is, most people go to Cozumel for the beaches. There’s an understandable draw given the fact the second largest coral reef in the world is located near the island. People want the ability to dive and snorkel with the beauty of those salt water creatures in their natural habitats. But, there are other things to do in Cozumel too. These are the “don’t miss” things to do in Cozumel:
- Faro Celerain Eco Park– Also known as Punta Sur Eco Beach Park, this is probably the number one attraction in Cozumel. There are 2500 acres that are home to exotic birds, Mayan ruins, an old lighthouse, and a maritime museum. You can learn more about it here.
- Stingray Beach– Now, the name might instill a bit of fear in some of us, especially after what happened to the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, but it’s worth the risk. Actually, there’s not much of a risk at this point since they’ve clipped the barbs of the rays you swim with. Which, if we’re honest, makes us kind of sad for these creatures.
- Chankanaab National Park– This place has it all. You can zip line with the kids, visit the tequila factory, explore nature trails, and even enjoy dolphin encounters. There are diving and snorkeling tours too. Read more about it.
- San Gervasio Ruins– This one’s for all the history buffs. This is a shrine with a rich history attributed to Mayan women and their fertility deity. We recommend saving money and time and simply walking through the ruins on your own rather than paying for a tour.
- Discover Mexico Park- You will find scale models of all the places you are hoping to visit while you are in Mexico. You can enjoy tequila tasting and tortilla making demonstrations. So if you can’t do it all while you’re in Mexico this is a great place to fit more in. Learn more.
- Palancar Beach– You can pretty much do all things beach Including the ability to go kayaking and sailing. Dive charters are available nearby as well. And, there’s the Palancar Reef for just those kinds of activities.
We suspect you will have a marvelous time exploring Cozumel. Hopefully some of our suggestions will aid in that joy.
Easy Related Posts
Tips for Freshening Up After an Office Workout
Working out in the office is something that many of us do. It could be ...read more
The Best Sports to Play to Actively Lose Weight
There are some people who would like to play sports and do other physical activities ...read more
Walking to Improve Your Health
Do you know that walking is great for your overall health? You will be able ...read more
The Top Mental Benefits of Sports
Sports comes with very many benefits both to individuals, and to the community as a ...read more